Plank Holder

On September 10th - 11th & 12th I had the pleasure of both teaching and training at Jack Hoban's RGI Conflict Resolution Level I Course. What a wonderful experience! I am proud to be a part of such a dynamic group of people! The instructors were an impressive collection of seasoned professionals. Although everyone impressed me, I have to admit that I was moved the most by Lt. Col. Joe Shusko (in above pic front row on one knee glasses on his head).  He was a true inspiration. A true gentleman warrior. Capable, seasoned, experienced, yet humble & approachable, a true leader. Some people who serve in the military are (or were) soldiers, Joe is a true warrior. He doesn't demand respect, he inspires it. In my eyes, he is what all Marines should try to aspire to. The kind of guy that makes you proud to be an American! He is the kind of leader that brings out the best in those he leads, even if it is only for a weekend! 

I loved Joe's perspective, his teaching style is soft yet he means business. Even at 55 he has an incredible fitness level that would put 20 and 30 year olds to shame (trust me on this one!). One of the things I really liked was Joe's "Tie In" stories. Short inspiring stories with a moral that he would tell before, after and sometime between working out. His "5 - 4 -3 - 2 - 1 most important words in the English Language" was absolutely great! I wrote it for you below so you can share it with others as well.

The 5 - 4 -3 -2 - 1 most important word in the English language are:

5) All Men (People) Were Created Equal
4) Live a Balanced Life
3) I Love You
2) Genuine Concern
1) Humility

It was great meeting and working with you Joe! Thanks for all of the training, "Tie Ins" and perspective that you shared. I look forward to working with you and the rest of the RGI crew soon!

Best,
~Craig

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are people from Crete Creteans??

What's Your Rosebud?

A Thanksgiving Thought