The Conflict Managment Quiz


1.Yes or No [pick one] - I would prefer to be treated respectfully & with dignity.

2. I would rather be (A) Asked (B) Told [choose one] what to do.

3.  True or False [pick one] - I would like to be told the reason why I should do something.

4. I would rather be given (A) Choices (B) Threats [pick one].

5. True or False [pick one] - When I make a mistake I like to be given a second chance.

6. I feel (A) Disrespected (B) Respected [pick one] when someone really listens to what I have to say.

7. I deal better with (A) Certainty (B) Confusion [choose one].


If you answered:

1. Yes
2. A
3. True
4. A
5. True
6. B
7. A

Than congratulations you are like the majority of the people that you'll run into.

So, if you want to have a better chance of persuading someone during a disagreement, follow these 7 things and you'll be well on your way to resolving the challenge you face. If this is not working, than you are getting the data that you need to determine if you need a "Plan B" to manage the situation.

Be a part of the solution not the problem!

Simple Not Easy:

  • Treat people's life value with respect and dignity. 
  • Ask rather than tell people what to do.
  • Present choices rather than threats.
  • Give people a second chance to come around and save face.
  • Listen.
  • Communicate clear, fair boundaries that point to most good / least harm.  
  • Have a "Plan B" if whatever you are attempting isn't working.


There you have it, my thought of the day!

~Craig

Comments

  1. This is something I use with my students when we talk about conflict management. Conflict Management is a skill and kids need good models and feedback. Thanks for sharing, Craig!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Are people from Crete Creteans??

What's Your Rosebud?

A Thanksgiving Thought