Do What You Can

 
 
Man, my arm has been talking to me lately. I've had some issues w/it for a long time, which led to have to having to get surgery a few years ago...

It still gives me problems and although I get frustrated because it limits certain things and eliminates other things. Regardless, I know that it could be worse...

A LOT worse...

So, what do you do when you are not able to control your circumstance? Or the fact that you cannot always operate at 100%...

Well, like many things in life...

Do What You Can...

Yep, to keep going down your path, keeping a good mindset is IMPORTANT! Instead of doing what you want, you often have to "Do What You Can..."

What does this mean?

Well, in the case of my arm, I may WANT for it to be like it was, but it's NOT! 

I could bitch, complain, make excuses, be bitter, get angry, stop doing things altogether, etc...

Or I could...

"Do what I can and Keep Going..."

This is a much more sophisticated mindset than it appears. 

...AND you can use it in so many other area of Your Life... Petty much EVERY area of Your Life!
 
You may want our society to be different... more peaceful... a place where we don't need to lock our door, or take security measures for protection...

Yes, I agree, we SHOULD be able to live in such a society...

However... We Don't! 

So, I do what I can to both...

(1) Protect myself (and others) to the best of my abilities (and extent of the law).

(2) Keep working toward a nicer, safer, more respectful society through teaching and sharing this Protector Lifestyle, taking political action, serving on committees, involvement in the community, communicating to my leaders regarding how we not only want them, but need them to, ethically and courageously work as public servants to represent with the care necessary of their position... etc. 

If the laws and/or environment changes, I can change, either in support or opposition... 

Either way I'll keep working at it "doing what I can" in my own Life, as well as (at the same time of) exercising my ability to influence the society that I live in. 

No matter, I'm in Control of How I Respond to what happens to me, even if I can't change the external circumstance! 

 
Why Am I Bringing This Up?!

As I've been saying, I have been getting a fair amount of questions, comments and inquires regarding the Florida incident. 

Understand that I have good friends on BOTH SIDES of the Fence regarding how to approach this problem and I believe that BOTH want to find a way to protect life...

However, they have two very different ways of approaching the problem...

One side more conservative and 'Pro-Gun' believing that there are bad guys out there that we can't control, so we have to have the ability to protect ourselves (and others), which in their mind to be able to do that more effectively will require a firearm in the hands of law abiding citizens. 

The other more liberal side, wants to see at the very least stricter gun laws or elimination of firearms all together... Believing that societal rules should be in place to alter peoples behavior. Further that there is no reason we should have weapons capable of such destruction so easily accessible and available to the general public. 

I know I'm leaving out many details and complexities and over simplifying the issue, however, I really don't want to go too far down this path of discussing or arguing either point... 

Yes, I have my opinions on how things should be handled, but what I'm trying to get across w/this correspondence, with PeaceWalker.net isn't about that. 

That said, I think YOU should absolutely have an opinion on a solution and work toward exercising your right to voice your opinion and cast your vote as to influence legislation regarding whatever your beliefs are on the matter...

But this email, the PeaceWalker website, fb page, etc is NOT about an agenda of "PRO" or "ANTI" anything. 

PeaceWalker Resources and Community is about...

~ How We Are All More Similar than We Are Different...
~ Learning to protect the right things (especially during the stress of conflict)... 
~ How by developing a good Baseline we can be apart of a solution...
~ Increasing your verbal and physical skills as a protector...
~ How being a PeaceWalker & living a Protector Lifestyle can help you to have a more successful career and live a safer, more fulfilling Life!


Beyond Policy & Law How Are YOU 
Going to Live Your Life?!

The PeaceWalker Approach is more about YOU & what YOU can do when it comes to dealing with conflict and violence!


ACTIVE ASSAILANT RESPONSE MODULE:


I promised you that I would put together an Module addressing this very emotional topic...

I have already posted a brief video on PeaceWalker.net and I am in the process of getting more material ready for release, however, it's going to take a little time, so hang in there! It's on its way soon!! 

To hold you over, here are a few links to some blog posts that I recently put up on the subject:

Attack: Meeting the Problem Head On!


What Will Be In the Module?

The whole program will includes discussions, exercises and scenario training, awareness and prevention skills, strategies of possible responses before, during & after an event, working with law enforcement, and more...
.
The workshop a lot of the material was taken from was taught from a unique perspective from my experience from working with both U.S. and Israeli approaches, which can differ somewhat dramatically...
.
Also the material is presented in a way that is from an unarmed civilian perspective, not that coming from Law Enforcement, Military or an Organizational agenda (because each has a different perspective on how to approach the situation).


More later...
 
All the best,
~Craig

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are people from Crete Creteans??

What's Your Rosebud?

You'll Never Guess What This Parrot Said!