Why Your Cross Training Sucks!



 

Remember I said that I have been getting coaching on how to better develop on-line courses and membership sites?

Like you I am always training to get better at the things that I want to excel in. That's not limited to just martial arts, shooting, tactical defense, conflict management, working out, etc...

Oh no...

I continue to invest thousands of hours and dollars into giving you the best experience that I can regarding training, courses, video content and material!

In pursuit of that I continue to hire coaches to help me develop better courses and be a more effective teacher.

The past several years I have been focusing on on-line training as the path of the future, so I have developed some courses, membership sites, apps, videos, blogs, social media sites, etc.

All of this to share the PeaceWalker Movement with more people and change the world!

The last two years I really stepped things up!

I have been working extensively with top level coaches to help me...

It seemed the more time and money I spent on coaching, the more confusing it gets...

I'm not kidding you, the more coaches (and $$$) I threw at it; the more work I put toward it and the harder I tried...
The Worse the Problem Got...

I'm not kidding you!

At one time I was working with four world class coaches. Each of whom are making 7 and 8 figures running membership sites and courses... and helping thousands of other business owners do it too!

So, why was I struggling so much?

I'm not the smartest kid on the block, but I'm no dummy either... I catch on quick and am a hard worker...

...so what gives?!

I was ready to throw in the towel on more than one occasion!

Than I realized...
More Isn't Better!!


I needed to follow the advice I give to new martial artist.

If someone is just starting to train, and asks if it would be good to go to train in a few styles so that they will be well rounded, I tell them to...

PICK ONE First!!

With access to so much information, we tend to believe that cross training is best...

And it can be...

However...

Not if you don't have solid basics!

If you begin cross training too early it can not only be confusing, it can defeat all of your efforts!

So, here I was following the FOUR Great Coaches who are multi-millionaires. They are sharing with me how they do it and how I should as well.

I'd listen to one of them and then do what they said. Then listen to the other one and do what they said... and then listen to the next and the next and implement what THEY said...
Here's the Problem...

The problem was that this guy believed that an 'Open Membership' was the way to go.

That guy made his millions off from a 'Closed Membership.'

The gal made her impact on courses, not memberships.

The other dude was into technical 'funnels', whereas the others were not concerned with all of the technical stuff and opted for varying levels of sophistication in their marketing and course or site consumption.

Then there's the technological platforms that all of these courses and sites are made from.
Don't Get Lost in the Sauce... Connect the Dots!

Each of these coaches found success in their approach...

However, some of the approaches conflicted with and even contradicted the other.

So, I would follow one coaches directions, only to have to start over to align w/what one of the other one was saying.

Over and over...

Yes, they had similarities, but at the basic levels, I couldn't see the differences to distinguish them from one another.
 
Can't Do Both...

Some of the differences were simply a matter of approach...

If I wanted to be effective and successful, I had to make a choice to tackle it 'this' way rather than 'that' way.

Yes, you can learn tips and tricks from many sources, however everything won't necessarily work together!

Are you MAC or PC?

Ford or Chevy? (or in my case Honda!)

Porsche or Ferrari?

Land Rover or Jeep?

Madcap or Starbucks!?
Some Things Just Aren't Compatible...

All of these products are good.

You can learn something from each...

However... their parts aren't interchangeable.

Porsche and Ferrari are great sports cars (not that I'd really know directly... I've never driven let alone drove either!)...

However, even with the best parts of the car, you can't just take a part off one and put it on the other...

I can take the best parts off my MAC and put them on my PC!

It just won't work.

It would NOT be effective or successful!

Well, the same thing goes for training martial arts, shooting and creating Membership Sites and Training Courses!!
You Have To Choose ONE FIRST!

I realized that I had to choose ONE Coach, get good at one path FIRST!

After understanding, implementing that ONE Way and then determining how successful it was or wasn't...

THEN...

I could choose to dial it in, tweak it to find success or decide to change OR take some ideas from the other methods, etc.

But, all that is done AFTER YOU EMBRACE ONE METHOD FIRST!!!!
Steps to Learning a New Skill...

There are a lot of great ideas and different approaches out there in pretty much everything out there. When you want to learning something new here is a simple process to follow...

(1) Find an approach that resonates with you and your style.
(2) Take the time to get good at that ONE Thing! (Learn & Implement)
(3) Decide to keep it, tweak it, or abandon it.
(4) NOW You can Cross Train to round things out; replace what could work better; understand what is and isn't compatible, etc.
There you have it...

Now go out and enjoy the rest of this INCREDIBLE Day!

You got this,
~Craig

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Are people from Crete Creteans??

What's Your Rosebud?

You'll Never Guess What This Parrot Said!